Saturday, April 11, 2020

Saturday: Loving Others

Let me bring it back to something serious for a little bit. It's Saturday which means I've been taking catastrophe leave for about six days now. I'm over the initial rest that came from taking some time off of work and well into the "What do I do now?" phase of things. Yesterday in addition to my war on the basement I learned a few things on the sewing machine as an ongoing project. Oh also the fence in our backyard fell down without anyone noticing and so I had to go outside and craft a replacement so the dog didn't escape from the yard. However none of these things have really taken a ton of work. They've instead just been minor diversions.

One of the big things I've been thinking about is when I'm at home and not supposed to see anyone, what's the best way to go about loving others? This is a central point of Christianity (along with public worship which definitely isn't happening at the moment and has instead moved online), and so there is a challenge here about what to do in this situation so that I still answer the call to love others in a way that reflects what God commands.

I don't really have an answer right now. I have a few ideas that I may try today and I will probably take some suggestions from others but I think this will remain a central challenge for myself and many others in this time.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Especially for those of us who don't like making phone calls. :)

Rick said...

I know it is not your favorite thing, but Mom has been using the telephone to great advantage. I love to listen to her"listen " to the ladies she is talking to and knowing just what to say to encourage them. It is a feminine strength it seems.